Head of Product Development – IVD
Hybrid (Offices in London)
£ Highly competitive salary + Excellent Benefits
Are you an experienced industry leader, who's overseen the development and launch of an IVD product?
Would you like to lead the technical function of a ground-breaking medical diagnostics company entering the next stage of company growth, product development and commercialisation within the UK and US?
My client are a well-funded and trail-blazing MedTech company with a disrupting diagnostic platform, providing fast and insightful near-patient analysis for a range of unmet clinical needs. With an international presence, my client has already enjoyed commercial success from it’s technology and has a strong product development pipeline, so are looking to bring onboard a Head of Product Development – IVD, to lead the company through their next phase of commercialisation and beyond.
As the Head of Product Development – IVD, you'll lead the organisations team of technical experts, driving the translation of cutting-edge science into marketable, impactful diagnostic platforms. From shaping product strategy to overseeing R&D execution, you'll be the driving force behind every element of the technical journey.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to lead the development of cutting-edge diagnostics and help shape the future of healthcare across the globe.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Product Development – IVD will include;
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership to drive the development of novel sequencing-based diagnostics.
- Lead the technical leadership team and technical function, representing the team at company-wide decisions, strategies and SLT meetings.
- Develop research and product development plans in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical insight to inform company product strategy decisions.
- Own the project plan, driving timely delivery of key milestones and products.
- Ensure efficient and timely project delivery by implementing effective processes and tools.
- Work closely with commercial and market functions to define product requirements and ensure successful delivery from the technical function.
- Foster the companies delivery-focused and highly engaged team culture, in line with company values.
To be considered for the Head of Product Development – IVD vacancy, you’ll need the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience in leading the development of regulated diagnostic or medical products.
- A successful track record of bringing new products and technologies to market.
- Excellent skills and experience in line management and leadership of technical teams, across scientific and/or engineering disciplines.
- A passion for building high-performing, results-oriented teams and company culture.
- Experience in program management and developing robust processes.
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable interacting with all business areas and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with a natural curiosity, able to dive deeply into diverse areas of expertise.
- Proven ability to work effectively with global, cross-functional teams, setting strategic direction and influencing stakeholders.
- MSc/PhD in an engineering or scientific discipline, e.g. molecular biology, infectious diseases, genomics, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact in diagnostics and healthcare. If you are a passionate scientific leader with the vision and skills to drive the development of life-changing diagnostics, please apply or reach out for more information.
For further information, please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners for further information.