Lead Technician - Chemistry
Full Time - London
£ 45,000- £ 55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Are you ready to take the lead in shaping the future of innovative research and development, guiding junior technicians, and troubleshooting complex experimental challenges?
Do you have a passion for driving scientific excellence, collaborating with a dynamic team, and contributing ideas to enhance laboratory operations?
My client are an innovative and cutting edge scientific company, looking to on board a creative and hypercompetent Technician to work closely with scientists and lead a small team in planned experiments, upholding lab standards and coordinating general lab operations.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Technician - Chemistry will include;
- Collaborating with scientists develop and validate methods to facilitate the design and execution of research initiatives.
- Leadership and guidance of a small team of junior technicians on laboratory procedures and H&S, COSHH requirements.
- Assisting in data interpretation, report preparation, and presentation of findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead troubleshooting across complex experimental and high precision Chromatography instruments, while also conducting calibration and maintenance of routine equipment.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all company health and safety regulations.
- Manage stock levels of lab chemicals and consumables.
To be considered for the Lead Technician - Chemistry vacancy, you’ll need the following skills and experience;
- BSc or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline, e.g. Pharmaceutical / Forensic Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in Method Development and Validation across high precision Instruments (Chromatography) .
- Experience in the leading and training of junior staff, promoting a pro-active and team-oriented laboratory culture, with an emphasis on H&S initiatives.
- An outside-of-the-box, resilient and adaptive approach to situations, ideas, and people with interpersonal regard.
- Excellent skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving novel laboratory issues.
- An ability to self-start and work independently while offering constructive (analytical) contributions to research teams.
If you are a passionate scientist with the vision and skills to facilitate lab operations in a cutting-edge environment, please apply on this page and proceed to the screening question.
For further information, contact Deon at CY Partners.