£24,000 to £26,000 annually
Based in Central London
Do you have a scientific background with hands on laboratory experience in Mammalian Cell Culture and/or Cell Based Assays.
Would you like to work for a leading London based clinical research organisation with a strong pipeline of clinical and laboratory projects?
My client are a leading clinical and laboratory service provider, specialising in a range of therapeutic areas and with the patient at the heart of their research. Using their specialist clinical trial platform, they play a key role in drug and vaccine development and are currently experiencing an impressive period of growth so are investing heavily in their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities in Central London. As a result, they are looking to expand their laboratory team, through bringing on board a Research Assistant who will be responsible for conducting laboratory based assays and analysis of clinical samples.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading clinical research organisation within a team of knowledgeable and motivated scientists driving forward the testing of infectious and respiratory disease products in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Research Assistant will include;
- Receipt, processing and analysis of clinical samples in a timely manner and in line with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) / Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Perform sample analysis using Cellular, Molecular or Virology assays e.g. Mammalian Cell Culture, ELISA, cell infectivity & neutralisation assays and qPCR.
- Complete associated laboratory documentation, including lab books and GCP records.
- Work effectively in the laboratory team, ensuring efficient communication as need within the wider organisation including clinical teams.
- Support laboratory housekeeping activities including reagent monitoring and equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure studies and scientific data are recorded in accordance with standard operating procedures, good clinical practices and other applicable regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this Research Assistant vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc in a Scientific discipline e.g., Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Virology, Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry etc. or equivalent working experience.
- Experience conducting scientific techniques e.g., Mammalian Cell Culture, ELISA, cell infectivity & neutralisation assays, qPCR, serology assays, multiplex viral detection assays etc.
- Demonstrable experience working within an academic or regulated industry laboratory, preferably accredited to GCP, GLP, UKAS, ISO etc.
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or GxP.
- Experience of working collaboratively, whilst also being self-motivated when working independently.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adapt to changing business needs as fast turnarounds are often needed within clinical research.
- Excellent communication skills, a collaborative approach and a personable nature to support relationship building within the broader teams.
Key Words "Research Assistant, Research Associate, Senior Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Tech, Laboratory, Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Virology, Mammalian Cell Culture, Cell Culture, Cellular Assays, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Good Clinical Practice, GCP, Good Clinical Laboratory Practice, GCLP, GxP, London, Central London”
Please apply online or contact Katie-May Kress at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.