£32,000 to £38,000 annually
Based in Central London
Are you a scientist with experience conducting Virology, Cellular and/or Immunology assays?
Would you like to work for a leading London based clinical research organisation with a strong pipeline of clinical and laboratory projects?
My client are a leading clinical and laboratory service provider, specialising in a range of therapeutic areas and with the patient at the heart of their research. Using their specialist clinical trial platform, they play a key role in drug and vaccine development and are currently experiencing an impressive period of growth so are investing heavily in their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities in Central London. As a result, they are looking to expand their laboratory team, through bringing on board a Research Scientist who will be responsible for conducting laboratory based assays and analysis of clinical samples, whilst also acting as the laboratory study lead.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading clinical research organisation within a team of knowledgeable and motivated scientists driving forward the testing of infectious and respiratory disease products in drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Research Scientist will include;
- Oversee the delivery of clinical studies within the laboratory through acting as the lab study / project lead and lab point of contact.
- Direct laboratory projects according to agreed protocols and timelines, updating internal and external stakeholders on the study strategy and progress.
- Provide advice within the laboratory on scientific approaches, resource management and training.
- Perform sample analysis using Virology, Cellular and/or Molecular assays e.g. plaque, cell infectivity & neutralisation assays, ELISA, qPCR and Mammalian Cell Culture.
- Ensure compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) / Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Work effectively in the laboratory team, ensuring efficient communication within the wider organisation including clinical and project teams.
- Ensure studies and scientific data are recorded and reported in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s), GCP / GCLP and other applicable regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this Research Scientist vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc in a relevant life science discipline e.g., Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry etc. or equivalent working experience.
- Hands on experience conducting Virology, Cellular and/or Immunology assays e.g., plaque, infectivity & neutralisation assays, multiplex viral detection assays, mammalian cell culture, qPCR etc.
- Demonstrable experience working within a regulated industry laboratory, preferably accredited to GCP, GxP, UKAS, ISO etc.
- Hands on experience in (or ability to) lead technical scientific studies / projects within the laboratory.
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or GxP.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adapt to changing business needs as fast turnarounds are often needed within clinical research.
- Excellent communication skills, a collaborative approach and a personable nature to support relationship building within the broader team and key stakeholders.
Key Words "Research Scientist, Laboratory Study Lead, Study Lead, Laboratory Project Lead, Project Lead, Senior Research Assistant, Research Assistant, Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Virology, Immunology, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Good Clinical Practice, GCP, Good Clinical Laboratory Practice, GCLP, GxP, London.”
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress at CY Partners at 07851246841 for more information
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.