Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Are you an experienced molecular biologist with industry experience in techniques such as DNA / RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, isothermal amplification, capillary / agarose gel electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques?
Would you like to work for a ground-breaking diagnostics company in London?
My client is developing a revolutionary new NGS-based diagnostic platform in an easy-to-use, sample-to-answer, cartridge-based system designed to generate actionable results direct from clinical specimens in a matter of hours.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire outstanding scientific talent, including a Scientist – Molecular Biology, to join the existing multi-disciplinary NGS platform development team, filling key roles in the rapidly expanding program.
This role would suit an experienced industry based molecular biologist looking to work for a revolutionary company with a solid technology foundation.
Key Responsibilities of the Scientist – Molecular Biology:
- Perform laboratory based NGS technology development, including development of molecular biology and biochemistry modules and transfer to cartridge-based workflow.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
- Analyse experimental results, providing detailed conclusions ahead of suggesting next steps.
- Identify technical issues and work collaboratively with other teams to troubleshoot and resolve these.
- Effective management of required documentation in accordance with company quality management system and ISO 13485 standards.
- Support technical and scientific advancements through researching novel methodologies and approaches e.g. literature reviews and attending conferences etc.
To be considered for the Scientist – Molecular Biology, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in a relevant life science discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or equivalent working experience
- Proficiency with Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry techniques including DNA / RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, isothermal amplification, capillary/agarose gel electrophoresis or magnetic bead-based techniques.
- Previous demonstrable experience in designing, troubleshooting, performing and analysing experiments to generate high quality experimental output and analysis.
- Knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, primarily on sample prep and NGS library prep is highly beneficial.
- The capability to deliver to deadlines and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature to support relationship building and delivery of scientific information.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Biotechnology organisation in London, who offer great career development and an innovative working environment.
Key Words “NGS, Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Assay, Molecular Biology, PCR, Polymerase Chain Reaction, qPCR, rtPCR, isothermal amplification, Scientist, Associate Scientist, Senior Research Assistant, Senior Research Associate, London”
Please apply online or contact Katie-May Kress at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.