Senior Molecular Development Scientist
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Are you an experienced molecular biologist with industry experience in assay development and troubleshooting?
Would you like to work for a ground-breaking diagnostics company in London?
My client is developing an innovative and easy-to-use, sample-to-answer, NGS and cartridge-based diagnostic platform designed to generate results from clinical specimens in a matter of hours.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire an experienced and curious scientist to join their R&D team as a senior member, bringing a focused and inquisitive outlook to the team.
This role would suit an experienced industry based molecular biologist looking to work for a revolutionary company with a solid technology foundation.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Molecular Development Scientist:
- Perform laboratory-based technology development, using molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, including but not limited to NGS, PCR, and qPCR.
- Independently design and execute experimental laboratory procedures.
- Work collaboratively with others in the team, troubleshooting issues and suggesting next steps to resolve these whilst maintaining an innovative spirit.
- Analyse experimental results, providing detailed conclusions and identifying technical solutions.
- Support technical and scientific advancements through researching novel methodologies and approaches e.g. literature reviews and attending conferences etc.
- Provide scientific and technical support to members within the team, potentially managing a small number of other researchers and providing support and leadership for their technical development.
- Effective management of required documentation in accordance with company quality management system and ISO 13485 standards.
To be considered for the Senior Molecular Development Scientist you will need the following skills and experience:
- An MSc or PhD in a relevant life science discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or Oncology, or equivalent industrial work experience.
- Proficiency in and experience developing and troubleshooting molecular techniques, including clonal amplification, qPCR, PCR, or DNA/RNA extraction.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, NGS library-preparation, nucleic-acid amplification, surface chemistry techniques.
- Prior experience within the oncology space would be highly beneficial, with an interest in product or assay development.
- Experienced in leading scientific development projects, preferably within an industry environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, paired with a drive for innovation and creativity, which can transfer to scientific research.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills and a personable nature to support relationship building and delivery of scientific information.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Biotechnology organisation in London, who offer great career development and an innovative working environment.
Key Words “ Senior Molecular Development Scientist, Senior Scientist, Scientist, Assay Development, Troubleshooting, NGS, Next Generation Sequencing, Molecular Assay, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Oncology, Cancer Research, PCR, Polymerase Chain Reaction, qPCR, rtPCR, Isothermal Amplification, Clonal Amplification, London”
Please apply online or contact Victoria Body at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.